To recap this discussion so far.
- The first post was on the evangelistic message of both, which you can read here.
- The second post was about the falsehood of Atheism; because in reality they can only be Agnositic which you can read here.
- The third post looked at the issue of Agnosticism and how many Agnostics actually lean towards a Deistic belief and not that of a Theistic belief – which you can read here.
- The fourth post looked at what I term Agnostic Theist which you can read here
I now want to start looking at the variety of reasons for having a Theistic faith..particularly from a Christian perspective. Therefore I will not be making any argument for faith within this post; rather I will lay out the framework for reasons of belief. It’s my intention to show that a Christian faith is not a blind unthinking faith; instead to show that there are many valid reasons for faith.
I make the disclaimer that this list is not exhaustive and that during the course of the future posts, I may delete some headings, include others I have not thought to include, nor may they be in the order that I post them here.
The subjects I am proposing to look at are:
- How we got the Bible.
- The historical reliability of the New Testament.
- Does the Bible contradict itself.
- Jesus – who did he say he was.
- Evidence for the supernatural and miracles.
- Prophecy within the Old Testament.
- The early church.
- Reliability of history.