College resumed this week after a three week mid semester break. Today we were working through the book of Haggai and the post exilic period where we discussed that it was during the exilic / post exilic period when the Pentateuch was edited into the book that we have today.
I dawned on me that there are two exodus stories within the OT that have some very seemingly distinct parallels.
- Joseph and Daniel…
- were both thrown into a pit.. fed to the lions / resurrected.
- Both were put in prison
- Both interpreted dreams
- Both were placed 2nd in command of the empire
- Both prophesied that the people would call out to God and God would send them back into the promised land.
- Moses and Aaron…Ezra and Zerubbabel
- Both lead an exodus into the promised land
- Both established the law and priesthood.
- Both established a temple system of worship
It would also appear that the post exilic nation is very similar to the time of Judges in regards to the prophetic ministry….